15/10/09


This morning I woke up, and after our morning exercises, went to work in the garden with Eduardo. It was just before we started that I looked out across the sky to the clouds above Buenos Aires.

It felt very surreal. The clouds had formed a billowing layer that partly obscured the ground that I knew to be Buenos Aires, and it was perfectly in line with us.
To me it felt as though we were on another world to everybody else. It’s probably because clouds seem to be such a mystical place that is untouchable, but seeing that we were at the same level made it seem as though we were above everybody else and looking down on their hurried lives. It was a pleasantly free moment.

But it’s not the first time I have felt as though I as in a magical place.
Yesterday morning, at 4.30, we woke to go up to the volley ball court for morning exercises and martial arts.
This was the first morning I had been up this early so had never had the chance to see the sky in its full splendour. It was one of the most beautiful sights I had seen in my life! The sky was so clear and full of millions of fairy lights flashing down at us. The only pollutant that was preventing us from seeing all the stars was light pollution from the small sliver of moon itself! Well, it was absolutely stunning and I distinctly remember thinking, things like these can only occur in magical places.

So yes, I think I’m starting to get the spiritual side of things here in Durika