04/09/09

Its now 5:45pm English time and I'm stuck on a plane with communal TV screens (which are currently turned off to allow some people to sleep) for entertainment.

I have just spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how long till we land because of the stupid time difference which is messing with my head. So I still have 4 hours to go (I think). Whoopee!!!

The food is still at its hight of airline standard, so I'm feeling a little queezy. If it hadn't been for the box of toblarone from the Ehlers, I wouldn't have survived. Unfortunately though, Nicola, I'm already 3 weeks through my supply, and I think I can safely say "and counting" because its just too tempting.

Oh yeah, an interesting situation occurred earlier, I arrived in Madrid and when I eventually found the board with my gate on, I found we were boarding at 11:55. So according to my watch that meant I had a good hour and a half of chillaxing, but I thought it a good idea to find out where the gate was first. It turns out that the world doesn't revolve around the UK and that they have their own separate time there. So I stood in a long queue outside the gate with 15 minutes to spare. Whoops. Ah well it made me chuckle at the thought of what would have happenened.

Well, back to the flight. I have been given three different forms to fill in. You know the ones. They have questions like 'Are you currently hiding from the law?' and 'Do you prefer red or blue curtains?' But one of the questions is 'What will your address be when you staying in Costa Rica?' And I have no idea. I was going to put;

1st Hut of the left
Near a tree
Durika
LO5T 1NCR

... But I think it may give the wrong impression if I'm being interrogated by some Costan Rican guy bigger than Big T.

Oh I forgot to add we can't open the blinds as people are trying to sleep and the lights don't work so I've had to open them just a fraction.

So in other words, I am having the best start to my Gap year ever!!! It's just how its supposed to be cramped, bored, hungry and possibly the most excited I've ever been!!! Well I better go, it seems they've found a new movie for me to watch....

I think this journey has driven me mad! I can't believe its actually possible! We have just been given breakfast (at 9pm I must add) and not only do I not feel sick, but I actually liked it!!! I know!
When they said this trip was going to change me, I wasn't expecting something this soon and such and extreme change! haha