11/09/09

Ok, I was wrong when I said that it had rained yesterday.

I had just finished taking pictures of wildlife around the village when I felt the first few drops, from then it got worse! And then even worse! Until eventually it reached the intensity it is at now!

I currently have a stream of brown murky water rushing by my door. This isn’t just a ‘trickler’, no, this is a stream big enough for Mr OS to mark them on his maps with little blue lines.

And then there is the thunder. At first it was just a distant purr to lull you into the idea that it was too far away to pounce.
But then, it pounced. I am not exaggerating when I say it got a little noisy.
It hammered so hard on my ear drums, and the ambush was sprung so unexpectedly that I jumped almost a foot in the air. Unfortunately I had been minding my own business on the toilet at that current moment in time so jumping a foot in the air hadn’t been practical… well, let's not go there shall we?

Anyway, the thunder has been pounding auditory receptors ever since. It is right above us so we have no warning whatsoever! The vibrations are so great that you can physically feel them shaking you core!

If a cannon had been firing next door, I can safely say that it would have been drowned out by the thunders ‘little purrs’.

In other words it was a little noisy!
In other words… IT WAS SO TOTALLY AWSOME!!!

Well the rain is starting to ease off a little to that of ‘torrential’ rain as opposed to ‘Real Tropical Rain’ and I’m now given at least a two second warning flare before the cannon fires (but it still shakes the walls!). So I think I’m going to go.
Ciao