08/10/09

Ok, it’s just after lunch and I’m still recovering (and probably will be until the weekend) from this morning’s work.
I was working in the gardens today, and you know how I said that I actually enjoyed weeding, well just like everything (apart from chocolate), the novelty is starting to wear off. 3 hours of pulling up plants and trying to find excuses for not weeding the areas by the mounds concealing millions of ants is back breaking work. To say my back is stiff is an understatement and the mud has managed to form a rustic tattoo on the skin of my hands which I’m sure I will be left with until I die. So mum, I can safely say, there is even less chance of me helping you weed than before, so sorry about that. Ha ha.
However, I cannot understand it but, I’ve got to admit it is a very satisfying job. I was looking at the beds that I weeded and man it looked good. Being totally impartial, of course, I think it’s the best looking part out of all of the gardens!!! But no, they do look good.
Actually, although I have complained a lot about it, its actually quite good fun I suppose. It’s a good opportunity to think as its so quiet and peaceful. But I could do with a break from it for a few days, so I’m glad that I am sheepherding tomorrow and then milking on Saturday.