8/10/09


08/10/09

Gillette Mac Fusion Turbo Tropical Style!!!

Ok, so I’m bet you’re all wondering how my beard coming along. Well, personally I think I deserve some recognition for the determination required to stop myself from shaving after the 1st 3 days. For all of you who have never had to go through such a sensation, beards with pathetic moustaches are very annoying and serve only to get in the way (although they may have some insulating properties but who cares about that?). Anyway, dad told me that I should let it grow a little bit so that I don’t go through my razors too quickly, and he said that I was ‘living in the wild’ so I may as well look as though I am. However, I don’t think he was expecting me to go this far.

Mike went on his Canadian canoe trip last year and didn’t shave for 3 weeks. Needless to say, mike had an impressive mat of thick ginger hair on his chin that he could safely call a beard. So, this naturally appealed to my competitive nature. Could I grow a better beard than mike in 3 weeks? Bearing in mind that mike is two years younger you would think so. Then taking into account that if you see him you would immediately assume that his is my older brother rather than younger, the contest would be close.

Well I persevered and… you wouldn’t believe it… but instead of the 3 weeks I was originally aiming for… I managed over a month!!! That in itself should be a victory. Well, it would have been if you hadn’t seen what I called my beard.
Mike, you beat me hands down. I had tufts of fluff stuck on my face and an eyebrow stuck over my top lip, nothing like yours. In Spanish the word for beard is ‘barba’, but what I had was a ‘bartita’ (a very small excuse of a beard).

Despite this, shaving was a pig. Although it wasn’t a solid mat, it was enough to make shaving a very laborious process. It didn’t make things easier when the mirror is hung 2 meters away from the tap. Well anyway, I thought you might want to know the important stuff about Costa Rica, so here it is. Ha ha


Please excuse the extremely happy-face, it turns out its difficult to smile whilst taking a picture of yourself. Ha ha