11/11/09

11/11/09

Three days to go until our 5 day expedition up Durika Mountain and preparations are in full swing.

The other day I got a glimpse of all the food we are going to be taking and I can’t quite work out how its all going to fit.
But the other preparation is hair cuts.

My hair was a mat of thick hair that I’d been wanting to cut for ages but there was always something that managed to scupper any plans. But today was the day we finally managed to get both Eugo and Devon and I, together, in his cabin at the same time.

In Durika, for the guys there is only really one style because it’s the only practical one, and that is ‘short’. So its just a case of how short. Devon wanted it almost all the way (ie, a number 1) but I wanted it a little longer.
My hair was so thick that it kept clogging the machine up but Eugo did a great job of ploughing through the jungle I called my hair.
Well, I asked for slightly longer than Ram’s, when I was finished, Eugo looked at me and said it was slightly longer than Devon’s.

So now I know what I would look like if I signed up for the army. But to be honest I don’t mind it and its sooo much better than long hair.

So mum, here I am, short haired and ready to rock (or climb a mountain).